Your Physician has arranged a date for your procedure and you will be provided specific instructions to follow.
The Day Before Your Procedure:
- You will receive a call from our Pre-Op Nurse to review information concerning the instructions for your Procedure.You will be notified of your arrival time and fasting instructions in preparation for your Procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your Procedure.
- Eating or drinking could cause your Procedure to be canceled or postponed.
- Remove body piercings before your Procedure.
- Notify your Physician if you develop a cold, fever, respiratory infection, other illness or change in your medical condition prior to your Procedure.
The Morning of Your Procedure:
- Plan to arrive at the time instructed by the Pre-Op call Nurse to allow for adequate time to prepare for your Procedure.
- If you take medication on a daily basis, take the medication as directed by the Pre-Op call Nurse.
- Bring your insurance card, photo ID, and a list of your medications with you.
- You should make arrangements with a family member or friend to accompany you to the Center, you will not be able to drive yourself home.
Following Your Procedure:
- After your Procedure, you will be provided with Discharge Instructions that include what you can eat, drink, and medication instructions.
- For 24 hours after your Procedure: - Have a family member or friend drive you home, and stay with you.
- Of course, if you have any questions regarding your recovery, you are encouraged to contact your Physician.
- Do not drive, sign important documents, or make critical decisions.
- Do not operate machinery, power tools, or appliances.